The difference between cream and lotion can be recognized primarily from the density of each derivative. Among skin care derivatives, lotions and creams inhabit an important position. The fundamental function of these derivatives is to maintain the skin hydrated and to form it soft and supple. However, any person can use creams and lotions before choosing which among the two, the individual must take notice of their skin condition. A lot of individuals possess intense dry skin that requires moisturizing. Until you use beauty derivatives such as creams and lotions, the situation of your skin may worsen, changing it into a skin ailment. Though many individuals think that creams and lotions are the same and they can use either, this is not true, as there is a slight distinction between these two beauty derivatives. Normal healthy skin possesses water retention properties, making it soft and adaptable. There are coatings of oils in the surface coating of the skin, deterring water from evaporating from the deeper coatings of the skin. The epidermis functions as a biological deterrent, not permitting foreign components to get in and too much drubbing of moisture simultaneously. Although, due to ageing and the influence of harsh weather, this capability of the skin is highly decreased, leading to water evaporating out of the skin and allergens, microorganisms, and pollutants easily accessing the skin. This results to dry skin which can trigger skin ailment.
What is Lotion?
The lotion is described as a combination of oil and water. They are thin and possess an effortless flow. On the contrary, the density or thickness of lotion is inferior. This permits individuals to apply them effortlessly over large regions of the body, like the hand and the legs. Apart from oil and water, the lotion has to do with elements that include preservatives, dyes, glycerin, and fragrance. The glycerine available maintains moisture. The fragrance includes a sweet smell to the lotion, dyes provide colour to the lotion and then are included to provide a long span for the lotion. The lotion provides a cooling sensation after it is applied to the body, which causes them to be perfect for usage during summer. Individuals suffering from eczema or with hairy bodies see it very easy to use lotions as they tend to circulate easily, unlike creams.
What is Cream?
The cream is described as a combination of oil and water. They are denser than lotion. When we say that cream is denser than lotions, we imply that the thickness of cream is greater than the thickness of lotion. Therefore, an individual has to rub energetically to place them inside the skin. Besides oil and water, the cream also possesses glycerin to keep the skin moist. Many creams consist of aloe vera, which provides the skin with a cool feeling, enabling it to decrease inflammation. Creams also consist of preservatives to preserve them for a longer period.
Furthermore, there are fragrances as well to provide a confection smell to the user. So many creams are non-greasy and efficient for usage during the winter since they can get soaked up by the skin. There are body regions where an individual cannot spread lotions, which has to do with the eyes. Also, anti-ageing creams are preferable to lotions for the exact intention, as creams soak in a better way inside the skin. However, one should remember not to use heavy oil-founded creams on the face. They can only be used if the individual possesses dehydrated skin.
Difference Between Lotions and Creams
- Extreme dry skin may require lotions as they can be effortlessly applied to larger regions of the body.
- Creams and lotions are essential for our bodies to maintain moist skin, making the skin soft and supple. They are both combinations of oil and water.
- Creams and lotions function to hydrate the skin. One can use either of the two based on their choices.
- Lotion is proper for hairy individuals, while creams are good for wrinkles and eyes.
- The density or consistency of the cream is greater than the lotion.
- The skin soaks up lotion quicker than it soaks up creams.
- As the thickness of the lotion is reduced, they appear in bottles, making it easy to squeeze or pump the container to get the lotion inside.
- Since the density of creams is high, they appear in jars and tubs. Therefore, one only has to open the jar or tub to acquire some creams with their fingers and apply them on the body.
- The lotion is perfect for summer as it quickly soaks up inside the skin, while the cream is ideal for winter.
- Cream and lotion appear in various brands and at different prices.