All through the record of humankind, there have been efforts to figure out the secrets of the unknown, the supreme being, the maker of the universe. This is because we possess a lot of beliefs as a trial to tutor us on the path to get to the almighty God. Buddhism and Christianity are two of them. However, there are lots of Christians than Buddhists in the universe; Buddhism is an ancienter belief or faith than Christianity. Viewing it, it is like there is no link between Jesus and Buddha which are the two elucidated ones. Hence, there are both resemblances and also differences between Jesus and Buddha, and this article tries to point out the difference.
Who is Jesus?
Jesus is acknowledged as the redeemer, the messiah of humankind by millions of Christians, the disciples of Christianity. Jesus was the son of God himself, disseminated by God to emancipate humanity by surrendering his own life at the altar. Jesus was conceived via the holy ghost and bore to Virgin Mary in Bethlehem. Jesus’s earthly originator was known as Joseph, a carpenter, and Jesus toiled as a laborer for 30 years before beginning his assignment and staging the church. Jesus’s life and labors and every one of his utterances have consisted in the Bible. The Bible is the Holy book of the Christians. Jesus went up to heaven after his crucifixion. Jesus quickly returned to offer speeches, and disciples of Christianity acknowledged that there would be a second return of Jesus to emancipate humanity again.
Who is Buddha?
Buddha is described as the word or the designation offered to Siddharta Gautama. Siddhartha Gautama was a Hindu prince who attained enlightenment and discovered the decree or belief known as Buddhism. It is acknowledged that Siddharta saw distress and misery in life at a premature age to become disappointed or disillusioned with this earth. Astrologers foresaw that the prince, on a particular day, maybe, would become an incredible, extraordinarily holy king. To guard him against spiritual understanding and human agony, his father gave him all the prosperity and magnificence that money could acquire. Siddhartha tied the knot to Princess Yashodhara at an early age and delivered his son, Rahul. Even with all the establishments at his disposal, Siddhartha recognized that material riches were not the utmost purpose of his life. Siddhartha was unhappy to notice ailments and old age and agreed to oversee the life of an ascetic. Although, he decided on the middle route when he discovered that self-humiliation or restraining the body of sustenance did not fetch enlightenment.
Difference Between Jesus and Buddha
- Jesus was birthed into an inferior family, whereas Buddha was birthed as a prince in a royal home.
- Jesus was birthed when the Virgin Mary became pregnant via the holy spirit, one of the three sacred trinities. Jesus is acknowledged to be the creator’s son, while Buddha stays as a spiritual commander at best who acquired enlightenment via contemplation or the middle route.
- Buddha perished a calm demise at the ripe old age of 80, while Jesus was made to pass a violent premature death via crucifixion.
- Jesus evangelized Christianity, which has the faith that God is the maker at its heart. On the contrary, Buddha denied the idea of God the creator.
- Jesus is acknowledged to be the son of God, while Buddha is not viewed as a God.
- Crucifixion stays as the highest difference between Jesus and Buddha, and the significance of the cross for the Christians, an emblem of penance, cannot be discussed via the nonviolence of Buddhism.