Beatrice, known more formally as Princess Beatrice, is a member of the British royal family. She is the eldest daughter of Prince Andrew, Duke of York, and Sarah, Duchess of York, making her an heir to the British throne.
Princess Beatrice was born in London, England on August 8, 1988. She is also known as Beatrice. Princess Eugenie, who is much younger than she is, is her younger sister. Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi is her husband.
Beatrice Elizabeth Mary is the full form of her name. When Princess Beatrice was seven years old, her parents, Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson, split amicably. Both the Duke and Duchess of York were in favour of sharing parental responsibilities for their two children.
In 1991, Princess Beatrice started her early education at the private Upton House School in Windsor. At the time, she was just three years old. After that, both she and her sister enrolled in the independent Coworth Park School, which is now known as the Coworth Flexlands School, in the year 1995. Beatrice continued her education from 2000 to 2007 at the prestigious independent St. George’s School in Ascot. She attended the school during those years.
Beatrice began her studies at Goldsmiths, University of London in September 2008, with the goal of earning a Bachelor of Arts degree with a concentration in history and the history of ideas. She received a 2:1 for her degree when she graduated in 2011.
When Princess Beatrice had a brief, non-speaking role as an extra in The Young Victoria (2009), a film based on the accession and early reign of her ancestor Queen Victoria, she became the first member of the family to appear in a film that was not a documentary. She worked for Sony Pictures as a paid intern for a while, but she left the firm following the hacking event that occurred at the end of 2014 and devastated the entire corporation.
At the age of seven, she was given a diagnosis of dyslexia, and in 2005, she disclosed that condition to the public.
Beatrice and her husband attended the inaugural World Dyslexia Assembly in April 2022 in Sweden, which was hosted by Prince Carl Philip. Beatrice attended the event in her capacity as an ambassador for the charity Made By Dyslexia.
Princess Beatrice has been promoted to the position of Counsellor of State, giving her the authority to act in the king’s place in his absence.
Quick Facts About Princess Beatrice
- Princess Beatrice is the eldest daughter of Prince Andrew and Sarah.
- At 8:18 o’clock in the evening on August 8, 1988, Princess Beatrice was delivered at the Portland Hospital in London.
- Princess Beatrice attended St. George’s School in Ascot and Goldsmiths College, where she got a BA in history.
- She worked at the Foreign Office and Sony Pictures before joining Afiniti as VP of Strategic Partnerships.
- In her leisure time, she volunteers for Outward Bound and the Teenage Cancer Trust, among others.
- Her uncle, Charles III, is the monarch of Britain. Once fifth in line for the British crown, she’s now ninth. She and her younger sister, Princess Eugenie, are close.
- Beatrice lost her publicly supported police security in 2011, apparently due to intervention by her uncle, King Charles III, who was then the Prince of Wales.
- Beatrice dated ex-con Paolo Liuzzo in 2006. Liuzzo was accused of aggression and battery. She dated Virgin Galactic executive Dave Clark for a decade before splitting in 2016.
- Princess Beatrice and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi were engaged in Italy and announced their engagement on September 26, 2019. Edoardo is the son of ex-Olympian and Italian aristocracy Alex Mapelli-Mozzi.
- She married an Italian aristocracy and developer in 2020. Siena Elizabeth arrived 18 September 2021.