Are you familiar with the process of data transfer on MTN Nigeria? If you are unable to provide an appropriate response to this inquiry, you have selected the appropriate route by going to this page. You should only need a few minutes to complete the task with the assistance of this user-friendly guide.
MTN gives its subscribers a fantastic opportunity to buy data for their families, friends, and other loved ones, as well as to request it and share it with those they care about. MTN Data Gifting is the name of this particular service. Simply dialing *131# grants access to it for any and all subscribers. Why not give some of that extra data to one of your other friends if you have a large amount of it on your balance?
The myMTN app, SMS, and USSD/Shortcode are the three methods available for transferring data. Before you can get started, you are going to need to activate one of the MTN tariff plans that are available for Nigeria. Simply pick the option that works best for you: Pulse, BetaTalk, XtraValue, TruTalk, mPulse, Yafun Yafun, AWUF4U, XtraValue Carte, XtraSpecial Postpaid, or XtraSpecial Prepaid.
It is important to keep in mind that if you want to use a transfer service, you will only be able to do so if you have one of the plans that have been described above. Sharing MTN data is easy to do if you follow this step-by-step guide that gets right to the point.
MTN Data Sharing Guidelines In 4 Easy Steps
You are free to go on to the following step as soon as you have decided on one of the plans presented earlier. Simply put, it’s the procedure by which your transfer is being handled. Step-by-step instructions for transferring data from one MTN to another.
Simply dial *131*2*1# to register for the MTN Data Share service. You can also accomplish this by texting the word REG to the number 131. After you have done that, you will be given a personal identification number (PIN) that is unique to your registration.
Here, you’ll modify the new security PIN that will be used to access the system. Simply dialing *131*2*5# will get that done for you. There is another method for changing your old PIN. Sending the message to 131 with the word “CHANGE,” your previous PIN code, typed right in front of the word “change,” and your new PIN code typed right after the old one is all that is required of you. For example, “CHANGE 8888 9999,” where “8888” is your old PIN and “9999” is your new PIN for Data share.
It’s time to start adding beneficiaries to your MTN Data Share account after you’ve updated the PIN. You can do this by dialing *131*2*3#, which is the MTN data transfer code.
Transferring or sharing MB with loved ones is made easier with the use of the MTN transfer code. That’s not your only choice, though; there’s more. You always have the option of sending a text message to 131 containing the telephone numbers of your recipients. If we are to interpret these terms correctly, you would be considered a sponsor, and they would be the beneficiaries. Keep in mind that you can only add a maximum of five beneficiaries, but you are free to remove beneficiaries at any time.
Now would be a good time to let other people use your data plan. To begin sharing it, send the keyword to the number 131. You can achieve the same result by dialing *131*2*4# as well. Keep in mind that there is a cap on the amount of data you can use with MTN Nigeria. Therefore, unless you are absolutely certain that the recipient is in need of it, please refrain from giving it to them. Your MTN beneficiary list can only accommodate an additional five people at a time. You may also benefit from the willingness of another person to share their data with you if you choose to do so.
How To Make A Data Request On MTN Nigeria
As of right now, all of us have friends who are constantly connected to the internet and who have a sizable amount of data remaining on their accounts. Why not ask a friend like that to provide some data with you? The process is not particularly complicated. Simply dialing *131*7*3# will get the job done for you.
Each day, you are limited to a maximum of five requests to family and friends. You are not restricted in any way in your ability to receive a request simultaneously from a variety of numbers. Simply dialing *131*7*4# will show you all of your outstanding requests, even if you sent them to multiple recipients. You can additionally check the status of the request using this method.
How To Check Your MTN Data Balance
You can check the remaining amount of data on your MTN account by dialing *559# or by sending the SMS “403” to 131. You can also check your balance by getting in touch with the MTN operator through a direct message or by calling them up on the phone.
Restriction On MTN Data Share Service
Even if moving megabytes from one device to another may appear to be a simple process, there are several data transfer constraints that you should familiarize yourself with right away:
- You need to have at least 50 MB on your MTN account before you may share data with other users.
- Only 10MB, 50MB, and 100MB, 500MB, and 1GB can be transferred at a time.
- The maximum quantity of data that can be transferred in a single day is 1 gigabytes.
- You are still eligible to get data from other subscribers even if you already have data on your account. Caution is advised: once you begin using it, the system will automatically exhaust the data that was received first, and only after that will it begin to use the data that you subscribed to.
- You have two opportunities each day to carry out MTN transfer procedures.
- You are allowed to do an unlimited number of data bundle purchasing operations. Your financial means will determine everything.
- You won’t be able to see any transfer requests if you have your line set to DND mode, which stands for “Do Not Disturb.”
- Pending Request is the status given to a request that has been transmitted to another subscriber and will remain in that state until that subscriber responds to the request. It will remain active for a total of 48 hours. Only the ten most recent requests would be displayed on the screen if you were to send the same request to multiple recipients at the same time.
- It is not possible to send all of the data together. If you have a weekly plan that gives you 100 MB and a monthly plan that gives you 150 MB, for instance, you cannot combine the two plans to send 250 MB. You are only permitted to send it independently.
You should now be able to successfully transfer data using MTN Nigeria. It is no longer necessary to request assistance. Try out MTN Nigeria’s data sharing service right this second with your close circle of friends, family, and loved ones.